Nurture Your Passion

I will be in New Mexico, at the Grand Canyon, and volunteering at Best Friends Animal Society (no-kill sanctuary). Best Friends is driven by the philosophy that kindness to animals helps build a better world for all of us. Their work is supported entirely through the donations. The sanctuary is home, on any given day, to about 1,500 dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, and other animals. For more info on the sanctuary and what they do, check out www.bestfriends.org.

06 September 2006

FINALLY! Access to the internet...

I pulled into Best Friends a few hours ago and all I have to say is "WOW!". Of course I said that after I stopped crying... because 1. I am actually here 2. I'm seeing it in person and 3. I will be volunteering. I got a lot of great pictures of the Grand Canyon, both around sunset and sunrise. I hope they do the beauty of the place justice. I was floored with how HUGE it was and so quiet; it didn't even look or seem real at first. To exemplify just how impressed I was and wanted more time to see it, I got up this morning at 6 just to take more photos. I also got to see and hear an elk. I saw some cool things on the way here, like the Colorado River and Dam and views of the GC from the East and North sides. I will try to post some pictures now, no promises because I'm not that savvy with this stuff and this is dial-up. I'll be spending my morning tomorrow with the dogs and afternoon with the cats. And yes, there are alot of "special needs" animals here that are already tugging on my heart strings. I have no cell service, obviously because I am in the middle of nowhere - literally, so here's my cabin's phone number: 435-644-8642. I have an answering machine in my cabin but I don't think it works. I'll try for another one tomorrow because I'd love to hear messages from you. Talk to you all soon! I really miss you all. (Cynthia-I'm really disappointed in your lack of creativity;) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home